Once you have successfully flashed it onto your device using “fastboot flashall -w,” you will see a vanilla version of AOSP. There are no Google services, no Play Store, and only a few core apps.
- The device will not work properly without the correct backup in place.
- A Stock Firmware file is that the OS in its default type, with no modifications created to that aside from any device-specific support required to run it on its specific device.
- Otherwise, make sure to move your data to somewhere safe.
- On the other hand, custom ROMs are unofficial firmware developed by third-party developers.
- This guide will cover the backup for messages, call logs, contacts, files, images, videos, files, and apps.
With the help of this guide, you unbrick your Samsung Phone, or Fix the boot loop and even downgrade the phone by flashing the Samsung firmware for your phone. The flashing process will begin and should take about 10–12 minutes. It may take some time for your device to reboot, but don’t be alarmed.
This custom ROM has been firmware files released for 90+ devices, while it’s just 30+ devices that support the Android Pie updates. CrDroid stylishly offers a pixel-like experience and supports Google Gcam Camera app. This is one of the best custom ROMs we recommend for our readers.
You also get the flexibility to customize pretty much everything in the ROM. Syberia OS also supports OTA updates, so when new versions are released for your phone you will receive the updates seamlessly. You’ll usually find them outlined on the same site where you downloaded the images from.